Starting a conversation can be one of the hardest things in the world. Once you’ve covered the weather, new movies, and current events, it can be nearly impossible to find something entertaining, intriguing, or heartfelt to talk about with that special someone. To help you facilitate that all-important conversation, we’ve gathered together some of the best questions to ask your boyfriend, as well as some questions to ask your girlfriend.
These questions are the perfect way to spark a conversation, whether you’re looking for something cute, funny and uplifting, or something deep, intellectual and romantic. While most of these questions will be unisex, there are going to be a few questions that are gender specific so if you’re looking for some good questions to ask a guy or good questions to ask a girl, then you’ve come to the right place.
The questions are all numbered and broken into groups based on the type of question to make it easier for you to keep track of the things you want to ask that special someone in your life.
20 Cute Questions to Ask your Girlfriend or Boyfriend
- Who is your favorite celebrity? Maybe you share a favorite, or maybe his favorite celebrity stars in your favorite movie. It can be a great bonding moment!
- Which celebrity do you hate the most? Another opportunity for bonding, especially if you hate the same celebrity!
- What is the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought for yourself? Be careful with this one because it can make you sound like a bit of a gold digger, but on the other hand it can give you a good idea of the type of gifts to get that special someone.
- Would you ever want to go to another planet? Find out how adventurous your girlfriend or boyfriend really is!
- What super power would you want to have, if you could only choose one? This is a tricky one, because there are so many options. You might want to limit your choices to DC or Marvel super heroes or something like that.
- What Fictional world would you like to live in? This can be a super fun question, and a great way to discover the kinds of books, movies, and TV shows that your special someone likes.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you? This is just a fun question which may lead to discussions on the best type of sandwich to take with you to a deserted island.
- Do you believe in ghosts? This is a lighthearted and fun question that could lead to some really deep discussions as well. Tread carefully.
- What’s your dream job? This question is a great way to find out what they want to do for the rest of their lives.
- What is your dream vacation spot? A vacation spot says a lot about a person.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Find out if bungee jumping or skydiving is upcoming date ideas….
- What’s your dream car? Are they practical or extravagant?
- What’s your favorite movie? Find out, and then plan a movie night. This is especially great if you haven’t seen their favorite or vise versa.
- Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? Self-explanatory.
- If you could turn into an animal, what animal would you choose? This can spark some interesting conversations.
- If money were no object, where would you want to live? New York? The Moon? Mars? Where a person would like to spend their life says a lot about them.
- What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Have a marathon on a Saturday morning!
- Have you ever thought about tattoos? Some people love them, some people hate them. Find out where your significant other stands.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Safe, easy question that can open a lot of doors.
- What was your most embarrassing moment? This can be a great way to break the ice!